Tootsie Roll POPs

Category: By The Bearded One


Some things never change. Some things should never change.


Someone just left a bag of these on my office table Friday afternoon, so of course I opened it to enjoy one. As I opened the bag, there was a completely familiar feeling. It’s been years since I last had one, I can’t remember exactly when, but whatever.


All of the original flavors were there, chocolate, raspberry, cheery, grape and orange (my favorite). They haven’t even changed the packaging since I was a kid. All the pops came wrapped in the printed wax paper with all the original art work. I remember there being the rumors over the years about the Indian shooting the star yielding free candy. Man this brings back memories.


I love it when candies are left alone in their original state. Of course they have come out several new flavors over the years. But the fact that they still make the original flavors and package them in the original wrappers is nothing short of awesome.


Good:

  • Its Candy lol, always a plus.
  • The original flavors are all still there.
  • The original wrappers.
  • They are keeping with what is good and not fucking with it.


Bad:

It will NEVER take 3 licks to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop. EVER. I don’t care who you are.

Also, along with the original flavors, there is the chocolate flavor. Now don’t get me wrong, I will still eat it, it tastes pretty damn good. It was their original flavor. But, it still creeps me out just a little. For some reason, I cant get the solid candy chocolate flavor past my mind lol. When I think chocolate, I think a milky semi-solid texture, not hard candy lol.


Verdict:

Always has been and always will be an original candy. If you liked it as a kid, it will still be great now. So go buy a bag of them.


I’m giving it 4 out of 5 ROFLs based on the fact that they have kept to their original idea and have only changed slightly over the years. But, the chocolate flavor is still a little freaky.

 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?